Under limited supervision, the individual will perform and deliver financial analyses and reporting to internal and external parties. Individual will execute the design, creation, and delivery of financial and business activity reports.
• Document and implement various reporting initiatives for periodic and ad hoc financial/business reporting, using information obtained from multiple systems and databases.
• Compile and analyze financial information from all components of the organization and develop integrated analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
• Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
• Partner with business leaders to develop metric driven operations models to influence decision making
• Lead M&A and business development analysis
• Drive best in class financial reporting leveraging state of the art technology
• Drive order to cash cycle time improvement • Initiate, participate, and lead productivity initiatives
• Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization
• Perform assigned duties in a professional and service-oriented manner with customers, carriers, and fellow employees
• Drive procurement and direct cost reduction initiatives through RFPs, direct negotiation and competitive analysis
•Daily, weekly, monthly reporting
•Ad hoc finance project work
•Board of Directors reporting
•Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
• Skills in examining and re-engineering reporting procedures, formulating policy, developing and implementing new procedures.
• Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex reports.
• Ability to educate report recipients regarding business purpose and interpretations.
• Ability to provide guidance to technical professionals in the area of reporting sources
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance • Minimum of 2 years experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. • Experience in transportation industry a plus • Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) • Excellent communication skills • Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills • Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is critical • Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills • Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment • Software: Cognos, Oracle