Responsible for locating, qualifying and managing a book of carrier partners to haul within
the PLS network as defined by their region.
Summary of essential job functions
· Use a regional approach to build and maintain a book of carrier partners; develop and
maintain past carrier relationships while continuing to build a solid pipeline of
potential new carrier partners.
· Leverage carrier relationships to source capacity for on time pickup and delivery of
· Dispatch shipments to motor carriers by following customer service requirements and
carrier utilization plans to achieve performance and profit objectives.
· Track and trace all loads in order to maintain on-time pickups and deliveries; provide
assistance with service issues and provide resolution to carrier problems.
· Monitor carrier performance and report carrier failures.
· Maintain productive working relationships with motor carriers and PLS employees.
· Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
· Analyze PLS and carrier network to secure published rates and guaranteed capacity
· Other duties as assigned or requested by manager